How you treat your purse is how you treat your man. I read that years ago and it’s always stuck with me. I think I do a pretty good job of taking care of my purses…. so, your welcome, David!
I had the same handbag all throughout law school and the first few years after. So…. FIVE years. It was a fake Hermes bag that I got because I genuinely loved the bag (I mean who doesn’t) – I saw it on gossip girl and told my roommate, Catherine, that I finally found a purse that I wanted! “It’s a HER-MEZE” I said. She died out laughing and said “It’s pronounced Air-May, and they are $10,000,” “Oh,” I said “well I guess I’ll never have one of those in my entire life.” So I bought a really great, and not THAT cheap knock off and took care of it for five years.
Now I enjoy rotating bags too much to stick with one for 5 years. I also think that by changing bags so often, you inevitably clean them out and get rid of all the receipts, trash, and that weird accumulation of particals/dirt/dust at the bottom. Y’all know what I’m talking about. I have 3 Dagne Dover purses and love their quality, structure, and colors! I’ve seen “what’s in my bag posts” and thought it would be fun to share what I keep in mine.
- Gum. I genuinely can’t smell well (on a scale of 1 to 10 my sense of smell is a 2). And while this works out a lot of times not being repulsed by dirty socks or sour milk, I also can’t really tell if I have bad breath. Weird, but true. So I always keep gum, the BIG package in my purse.
- Dramamine. Living in North Carolina and being close to family (emotionally, not geographically) has turned into more long road trips than I would like to count. I get car sick on the reg and discovered the power of dramamine when Gigi and I were in Italy. After a windy car ride in the mountains in a European sized car we got back to the hotel only to have someone greet us with “Come on! Y’all are late for the boat ride!” I tried dramamine for the first time then, had a fabulous time on that champagne boat cruise, and have never looked back. Dramamine, you’re a gem.
- Sunglasses. They protect your eyes, make you feel fabulous, and allow you to take an Instagram photo even if you don’t have on makeup. Now that’s a win win win
- My phone. Although, not right now because my phone died, permanently yesterday. They are sending me a new one today. So that’s why I haven’t been present on Snapchat (LC_Steele) Even after one day, I miss it! I needed to hear what everyone was saying about the Corinne vs. Taylor showdown last night!
- Chapstick and my Lipstick. Can’t live without it. I like the classic chapstick or blistix and my lip color is always “damned” by Nars.