We’ve all been there – those times when you’re just feeling BLAH. As in, not excited and not inspired. Isn’t that the worst? Everyone has the to-do list they have to tackle each day and it’s so much more enjoyable to tackle it when you’re inspired. That’s one reason I love the Friday Favorites post me – and maybe every blogger – does. It’s the best parts of the week and what is standing out to that person. I think with blogging it’s especially important to stay inspired so here are my tips for shaking it off and finding inspiration…
- A cup of coffee and Pinterest – Pinterest is full of gorgeous pictures. And I can search them by category re: fall front porch, fall mantle, christmas decor ideas. Whenever I’m standing in line at the post office or checkout line, rather than complain in my head about how slow the post office lady is going (which, let’s be honest, I totally do) I try and scroll through those beautiful images on Pinterest which leave me feeling inspired.
- Other people – there are so. many. cool and inspiring people in the world. When I worked at Disney world part of the training was to go around and watch the other “Belle’s” working. If you liked something they did, you were supposed to copy it. WHAT? COPY?! YES! Because that would improve your performance as a character. I’ve tried to apply the same principle to life. If I like something about someones home, or wardrobe or you name it, I try and copy it. But rather I classify that as being inspired from it. I am sometimes inspired by people I meet and also by other bloggers.
- A trip – whether its a weekend staycation or a 2 week trip to Paris or anything in between, traveling can be so inspirational. To see the different sites, people, and yes, dogs on the street. haha Getting out and going somewhere can change your perspective. And if the budget or schedule or both is tight, a walk down the street can work too.
- A good movie or good book – watching my favorite movie, even if I’ve seen it 100 times, can be so fun and inspirational. Since I work from home, even just having it on in the background can set the tone of the day and leave me feeling inspired. The same goes for a good book although I wish I did that more!
- A trip down memory lane – sometimes it’s fun to look back through old Friday Favorites posts or if you aren’t a blogger maybe just old photographs or old facebook albums. It’s fun to see how far you’ve come. Someone once told me that it’s not about where you are in relation to others, it’s where you are in relation to where you were one year ago. That’s always stuck with me and I think it’s so true!