Happy Valentine’s day! Whether you think this is a holiday created by greeting card companies or you like to go all-out with pink balloons and confetti in your house, today is the day to celebrate love! I wanted to share some last minute valentine’s day ideas. You know, just in case you haven’t planned anything yet…
David and I usually keep Valentine’s day simple. We use it as a designated date night. Last year he got me these flowers, we ate sushi, then sat front row for 50 shades of Grey. He was the only male in the entire theater haha. We actually don’t go to nice restaurants that often. So, when we do, it definitely feels very special and fancy. We also keep it low key with gifts for Valentine’s day. I’ll be the first to admit that it’s normally him that gives me gifts versus the other way around. But I wanted to share some last minute Valentine’s day ideas that you could do for your significant other TODAY in case you are in the same boat as I am… and haven’t done ANYTHING yet 🙂
Last Minute Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Invite them to dinner – many restaurants are all booked up, yes, but some don’t even take reservations! If you go super early the wait probably won’t be that long. Plus, it will be a special night out, and early night in. And aren’t those the best? David and I are planning to go to dinner right when he gets off work at 5:00. I’m just going to meet him there, then we’ll watch a movie at home.
- Clean the house – I LOVE when I walk in and David has cleaned the house. It is such a great feeling and an act of service that leaves me feeling very loved. I think this goes both directions since David really likes the house to be clean too. And although he never says anything when it IS messy, I know he appreciates it so much when the house is picked up, the countertops are spotless, and a candle is lit. I’m about to do this right now…
- Get their “favorites” on your way home – the smallest gift that shows how much you know them can be SO meaningful on this day. Grabbing their favorite candy, soda, or item can be such a treat. This could even be as simple as a starbucks or chick-fil-a gift-card, their favorite pens from target, their favorite gum, or some flowers.
- Gift card for a car wash – I still think getting your car cleaned, vacuumed, and washed is SUCH a treat. A gift card to have this done for someone else is a great Valentine’s day gift.
- Send sweet texts throughout the day – again, such a simple, free, and effortless gesture that can mean a lot. Showing extra love is always appreciated. This can also mean being extra kind, going the extra mile, saying the sweet thing, and putting the other person first.
- Put a date on the calendar – ok so maybe all the restaurants ARE full tonight and schedules just don’t align.. You could buy two movie tickets for a showing this Friday and make dinner reservations to celebrate this weekend.
- PJs! I think all girls love cute pjs but we rarely buy them for ourselves. If you are a girl you can treat yourself to some of these ( 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ) or if you are a guy any of those would be a great and sweet last minute gift to your gal. If you really want to get creative you could gift them with popcorn, a dvd, and bottle of wine for a night in.
Hopefully these last minute Valentine’s day gift ideas have been helpful. I hope you have the best Valentine’s day filled with so much love. As always, thank you so much for reading 🙂