Sometimes one of the best things in the world happens: girlfriends pop over for dessert. That happened to me the other night, and although it was last minute, it was one of the most fun nights ever. The kind where you end up moving furniture to accommodate an impromptu dance party.
This strawberry tart is what I made that night after googling “easiest desserts ever” and it held true to its claim. Three ingredients, minimal burn potential, and maximum visual impressiveness. Check check and check. haha I remade it when David got home from work yesterday and it was a big hit again. There’s something about powdered sugar and strawberries that screams summer. It also screams “eat me” which we promptly did.
I also happened to have a bottle of champagne in the fridge and it reminded me of my rule to ALWAYS have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge. Ya never know when something worth celebrating will happen…
photos by Anna Goodson Peeples
p.s. don’t let the rolling pin fool you … it was just for some pretty pics – the dough is store bought and comes already perfectly squared. 🙂
- Frozen Puff pastry tart
- powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place your puff pastry on a baking sheet that has been greased with butter. (or just put wax paper on the cookie sheet)
- Neatly arrange strawberries over puff pastry, leaving 1/2 inch of crust around the edges.
- Bake the tart for about 15 or 20 minutes, or until the crust begins to turn golden brown and the juices from the strawberries begin to seep out.
- Remove tart from oven and dust with powdered sugar while still hot. The powdered sugar is absorbed by the
- Slice up and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.