Ever since a friend told me that bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter could be combined and frozen for a dessert, I have been wanting to try the recipe
. These bite sized salty-sweet treats are the perfect period to any meal . . . or ellipses throughout the day . . .
Recipe + Directions:
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup +2 tablespoons JIF peanut butter
1/4 cup (heaping) cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar or other granulated sweetener
the night before: prepare peanut butter filling by mixing butter, sugar, graham cracker crumbs and peanut butter in a pan and melting together. Once thoroughly mixed, let cool and then place in a bowl in the fridge to harden for the next day’s banana sculpting extravaganza.
– cover a cookie sheet (must fit in your fridge or freezer) with wax paper
– cut bananas into 1/2-3/4″ slices
– using a knife and your fingers, make little caps for the bananas with peanut butter filling
– combine chocolate chips and almond milk and heat over low until melted (stirring all the while)
– place a banana slice on your fork and then dip into chocolate (do not spear the banana). use a spoon to pour melted chocolate over top until all of the banana and peanut butter are covered.
– once all of your banana slice have been coated, sprinkle each one
with sea salt and pop them into the freezer. once they’ve hardened you can transfer them to any freezer safe container. eat them freely!
TIP: Have healthy Snacks on hand before opening the peanut butter and chocolate