One of my favorite gifts year after year to receive is a David Yurman bracelet. I’ve been collecting them through the years and love when David “adds to the stack” for my birthday, anniversary, or Christmas!!
With Ebay, this is a great time of year to gift one to someone else or get one for yourself!
When it comes to designer anything, I check Ebay for gently used pieces before buying directly from the retailer. Ebay has amazing deals on burberry coats, j.crew coats, and designer purses. The designer purses are authenticated so you don’t have to second guess if what you are buying is real. Often, I can get a huge discount on items that are basically brand new. But when buying on Ebay, whether it’s designer coats, jewelry or bags, the items are significantly less expensive.
One of the things I (and David) have bought time and time again is David yurman. I’ve always loved these bracelets and wear mine everyday! Ebay and David Yurman are actually having a 40% off even right now!
eBay always offers a money back guarantee, so if you ever aren’t satisfied with your purchase you can easily return the item for a full refund. Honestly, I’ve never had any trouble buying David Yurman from EBay and have always been ecstatic with each new piece. I’ve purchased 5 bracelets over the years and have always been pleased with my purchase through Ebay.
Here are my top tips for shopping David Yurman on Ebay:
- Make sure the seller has a positive rating.
- Make sure the seller says it’s a David Yurman bracelet.
- Look to see (or ask the seller) if the David Yurman dust bag is included if that is important to you.
- Look for the David Yurman stamping in the photos. This verifies that it is a true David Yurman:
There will be two different stamps on an authentic David Yurman bracelet: one for the type of metal and one for the trademark. Metal content stampings show whether a piece is silver, gold, or aluminum. Trademark stampings feature the David Yurman name or initials.
sterling silver pieces are always stamped with one of the following: 925, STER, or STERLING.
14K gold pieces are stamped with “14K” or “585”
18K gold pieces are stamped with “18K” or “750”.
Mixed metal pieces will have two numeric metal stamps.
David Yurman jewelry pieces from the 1980’s and 1990’s are typically stamped “D YURMAN,” “D.YURMAN,” or simply “YURMAN.” These stamps are in all capital letters. More contemporary pieces from the late 1990’s and 2000’s will typically have an initial stamp of “D.Y.” or “DY.” In 2010, David Yurman began to use a more personalized font on the majority of their jewelry pieces. The most common current trademark stamp is the David Yurman initials of either “DY” or “D.Y.”
If the bracelet has both the Mental content stamping and the trademark stamping, it’s authentic.
5. Not required, but I like the seller to offer returns, just in case I’m not pleased with the bracelet, or thought it was a different size, or just change my mind once I see the bracelet – although I never have 🙂
6. Even if 1-5 aren’t enough reassurance, I’m always reassured with the fact that eBay offers a money back guarantee. So even if all of those things fail – I could use this as a last resort to be reimbursed. That’s why I’m able to shop for Yurman worry free on EBay!