White with leather is one of my favorite combinations. I love the contrast and the effortless-chic vibe it gives off. It was so much fun shooting these near Soho with one of the girls I had met at the polyvore meetup party.
Traveling to New York is always fun and I think living there (even for a summer) would have been amazing. My sister lived there for 4 years and was happy to return back to the south from the horn-heavy-lacking-in-grass atmosphere. Still, I think New York is pretty magical with an energy like no other. Sporadic trips there will just have to do. However, in the New York vs. Chicago pizza debate my vote is definitely for Chicago. Let’s not get crazy. Any time I can order a slice of pizza and it comes in the form of a 3 inch thick lasagna there is just no competition.
Here are some of the things on my ‘New York’ to-do list in my phone if you find yourself in the city….
1. SOHO – just walking around these cobblestone streets and window shopping (or actually shopping) at the boutiques in this area is great.
2. NOMO SOHO – a seriously beautiful restaurant in a hotel in SOHO
3. A bike ride through central park – can rent bikes all around
4. Di Fara: A pizza place in Brooklyn where you can brown bag (gets very crowded so try to get there right at opening – wait time is between 30 minutes and 2 hours – $5 per slice or whole pizza for 28 – closed between 4:30 and 6:30 every day. Closed Mondays)
5. walk the highline and since you’re there go to the Biergarten (indoor/outdoor space with lots of picnic tables and some pingpong tables as well – those are always good. When I was here I felt like everyone was dressed like they could be on pinterest.)
6. Freeman’s brunch
Are all these things pretty mainstream? Absolutely … but I think sometimes things are mainstream and popular because they are great. Thanks for reading!