Hey girl hey! Happy Friday! I’m so excited to finally share these pictures from Deer Valley, Utah. This was the 4th year my family and I went there for Christmas. We started this tradition when David and I got married. Rather than go through the “who’s house are we going to for Christmas” hubub, my parents opted to celebrate Christmas one week BEFORE the actual holiday by taking a trip to Deer Valley. It has honestly been the best thing ever and is something I look forward to all year. At this point in our lives it’s so rare to spend an ENTIRE week with your family all under one roof. It’s great quality time all while surrounded by the prettiest and very Christmas-esque scenery. Snow and Christmas light? Yes, please.
This year David and I went out a few days ahead of my family since his vacation fell a little earlier than the Deer Valley trip. We did two nights in Salt Lake City and then one night in Deer Valley, then met up with my family for 3 days before he headed back and I stayed the rest of the trip. haha – I mean, sorry, DT but I had to capitalize on that skiing time!
- Davanza’s – I love eating here. It’s the perfect dive pizza place with beer cans all over the walls.
- High West Distillery – this is a whiskey distillery on Main street right across from Davanza’s. They have great drinks and a great atmosphere
- Sea Food Buffet at Park City Resort – this is “the Christmas meal” to our family. It’s an all out magnificent spread of delectable seafood and only served on certain dates.
those are the top 3 restaurants I’d recommend. The first day we are there we make a big grocery run and eat lunch after skiing all morning and usually grill out one night at home
where to stay:
- David and I stayed at the Stein Eriksen Lodge for our first night in Deer Valley and it was AMAZING. They have a saying that “they do the work for you” and it was SO TRUE – someone will even come to your suite to light the fire for you. The views were so stunning – the pictures in the beanie are at the Stein Eriksen. Even if you don’t stay here it would be worth grabbing a drink at the restaurant and lounging on their deck to take in the view.
- The rest of the time we usually VRBO it! We try and get something close to the Park City Ski resort so going to ski for the day isn’t a trek!
- In Salt Lake we stayed at this Marriott because I wanted to walk through the Christmas lights every night and it’s super close to Temple square.This is the Mormon temple and I can’t even explain how stunning the lights are. It’s definitely worth grabbing hot chocolate or a coffee from Starbucks and walking through at night. Make sure to bundle up! Another great display of lights is the Grand Hotel. We grabbed a drink there before going to dinner and it was so pretty!
This year we went Tubing at Gorgonza park which was really fun! This is perfect to do if there are little kids too young to ski. Wilson is 2 and LOVED tubing. He would slide down and say “more more” haha And of course skiing at Deer Valley is so much fun! I love turning on some Christmas tunes and hitting the slopes. Deer Valley has been voted one of the best ski resorts. I love how you really don’t get altitude sickness and there’s also no snowboarders 🙂
I hope you have had an amazing week and thank you so much for reading!