One of my friends made this for us for Christmas and I couldn’t get enough. It’s dark chocolate, pistachio, dried cranberries, and shaved coconut. So it’s pretty healthy! Oh, and there’s no baking involved which is always a plus in my book. It’s also green and red so it’s the perfect themed treat to make during the holidays or…. even now because it’s delicious. I think it would be a fun Valentines day treat too. The salted dark chocolate pairs great with red wine.
What you need:
- one package of dark chocolate morsels (or 2 or 3 – one package of morsels is one “batch” of bark)
- one bag of pistachios, shelled
- one bag of dried cranberries
- one bag of sweetened coconut
- fine sea salt
- shell and chop the pistachios – I just ran them through the food processor for a few seconds
- put wax paper on a cookie sheet
- heat the chocolate according to package directions (about one minute in the microwave then stir and heat in 15 second intervals)
- Pour dark chocolate on the wax paper and spread out
- sprinkle on the salt, pistachios,coconut and cranberries, (in that order) then pop in the freezer for at least 3 hours
- take out and break apart
- to give away, line a small tin with wax paper and fill it up! ta-daaaaaa done.
I don’t have measurements because it really is all personal preference, and you can’t mess up, but from making multiple batches I would say that MORE is BETTER. More salt, more pistachio, more cranberries! I used half the bag of cranberries and half the bag of pistachios per batch.
I’ve been living in these two cardigans from Hi-Ho with the weather heating up and being all crazy. They are one of those perfect things that feel like a robe but that you can wear outside. That’s a win/win for everybody.